Students applying for entry into the paramedic program must meet the following requirements:
- Must have successfully completed a College Level Anatomy and Physiology course within the past seven years with a C (2.0) or better, or complete the Anatomy and Physiology for the Prehospital Provider online class through Jones and Bartlett Learning with a total completion score of 80% or better.
- Must have up-to-date TB, HEP B, and shot records.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have current EMT License in good standing with the state of Michigan.
- A Drug Screen and Background Check must be completed through Platinum Education.
- Completion of the learning level competency testing provided through Platinum Education.
- Must be free of any criminal convictions that would disqualify you from working in the health care field.
A certificate of course completion, National Registry exam application, exam reservation form, and necessary information for licensure will be issued to those successfully completing all components of the paramedic course and paying in full all course fees. Course completion rosters will be submitted to MDCH.
Pricing and Payment
- Program Fee: $6,000.00 (does not include textbooks and access to Platinum Ed. online services listed below.)
* Program fees include a $200.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Additional Cost:
- Textbooks – $845.96
- EMSTesting.com – $99.00
- Platinum Planner – $90.00
- Background Check – $45.00
- Drug Screening – $38.00
- Asset Testing – $5.00
Two payment options are available at checkout:
Option 1 – Deposit of $2,000.00 at time of registration, and $4,000.00 balance paid in 4 even installments at the beginning of each quarter.
Option 2 – $6,000.00 payment in full.